The Graduate route is a new work route for those who have a degree or above (or other relevant qualification) from an approved UK Higher Education provider and is similar to the old Tier 1 Post-Study Work route that ended in 2012. This visa is for current Tier 4 or Student route visa holders and is not required for EU/EEA/Swiss students with pre-settled or settled status.
Most successful applicants can stay for two years under the Graduate route. PhD graduates can stay for three years.
The key points are:
- when you apply you must have successfully completed a UK undergraduate, Masters, PhD or other relevant qualification
- applications will open at 0900 on 1st July 2021 BUT you must not apply until your results have been confirmed by Your University
- University will inform the UKVI on your behalf that you have successfully completed your course after the awards board – providing you have no outstanding debts to Universities.
- University will send an e-mail to your Universities e-mail account (not your personal account) once they have informed the UKVI that you have successfully completed your course, and then you can submit your online application for the Graduate route
- you will need to have a current Tier 4 or Student route visa at the time you apply
- you can only apply from within the UK
- dependants are eligible to apply but they must already be in the UK
- cost of the application is £700 plus the Immigration Health Surcharge of £624 per year of visa (2 years for undergraduate/masters and 3 years for PhD students)